Center for Peace and Development (CPD) is an independent organization registered under “Balochistan Charities Registration and Regulation Authority” non-government and non-profit civil society organization based in Baluchistan. CPD was established in 2002 by a group of human rights and peace activists of Balochistan who were working with different national and international development organizations. They felt the need of an organization which promotes the peace, human rights education and sustainable development in the province. CPD was formally registered in January 2003. The organization-initiated peace and human rights education with different youth groups in Quetta city. It has now become the largest rights-based organization of the province working in 17 districts of Balochistan.
Board of Directors
“CPD envisions a peaceful, equitable, just, and prosperous society.
To promote Sustainable Development in Balochistan through transforming the lives of people for peaceful, equitable, and prosperous Balochistan, advocating for positive change in the society through the provision of a set of social and economic services,”
The organizational values as defined by CPD are:
- Mutual Respect
Dr. Tahir Rasheed
CEO / Secretory
What We Do
- Livelihood (Agriculture, Livestock Skill enhancement)
- Peace, Democracy and Governance
- Civic Education and capacity Building.
- Social Services (NRM, IWRM, Education, Health)
- Climate Resilient and Disaster resilient Development in the province
- Gender and social mobilization as crosscutting theme.
- Community Mobilization
- Capacity Building and Training
- Sustainable Land Management
- Capacity building of local communities
- Establishing a Disaster Resilient Community
- Strengthening Electoral and Legislative Processes
- Empowering females of Hazara community to live a dignified life
Network for Democratic Governance Initiative is a network of 25 Tehsil based civil society organizations in Quetta and Naseebabad division.
NDGI is part of Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) of networks working for the strengthening of democracy through methodically-enacted observation and oversight of electoral, parliamentary, and governance processes in Pakistan.
With the financial support of Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) CPD has established Balochistan Democratic Forum at provincial and four district level.
BDF provides an avenue to create enabling environment for creating constructive debate among different segment of society and equips citizens, civil society organizations, political parties, elected members of different legislative bodies, lawyers and media persons and general masses with relevant information to act for the restoration for democratic norms, promote democratic attitudes and strengthen democratic institutions in the province.